Friday, June 17, 2011

Week 5: Post-Op

Hello,

I am at Week 5 post-op and feeling great! I'm just stopping by my page a lil to give a quick update. Well, to start off I haven't weighed myself since my 2 week post-op appointment. I'm not scheduled to meet with my Dr. until July 6. At that time, I will be 8 weeks out! Whoo Hoo..

However, my reasoning for not weighing myself is to be in suspence once I hit the scale at my appointment. My goal is to be at least under 300lbs. That would be a total weight loss of 52lbs in 8 weeks. Can you believe it?? I think I will treat myself to something special for working so hard at maintaining this weight loss.

I have been doing fine on my diet so far. Been trying new things but nothing out the ordinary. I have been able to digest a little tilapia but still feel that I may need to wait a little longer. Not because I was nauseous or began vomiting. I just don't like the way it feels going down my tiny stomach. I can say I am truly one of the lucky people who have not experienced the vomiting of certain foods. As much as it may be tempting to try, I stay away only in fear of that happening to me!

I would say the most difficult thing is keeping up with the vitamins and protein intake daily. I still do my protein shakes (at least 1-2) but I eat lots and lots of other high protein foods throughout the day. Such as, tuna, fish, chicken, and cream of wheat with fiber. Of course, all meats are blenderized to a mush. Trying to stay away from sugary drinks, my intake is mostly water throughout the day (48-64ozs).  This is it for now, but until next time...LaShurta.

No comments:

Post a Comment